Saturday 19 December 2015

Only men eat crab...

Overheard at a restaurant, from a table that was belting crabs...

Father to son: You have to put your finger in and scoop it out. It's a man's job! You're eating like a girl...

My blood boiled and I really wanted to say something to the man about teaching his son these life lessons with sexist undertones. I went into a full-blown moral dilemma about whether or not I should teach him how to parent, or if it was my place to do so. I did wonder if I was being a tad too intolerant.

I didn't tell him anything though, and picked up my food and left. In retrospect, I wish I had left him a note or something, so I could get the point across, without undermining him in front of his family.


P.S. I too had crab for lunch and I did perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment