Tuesday 26 March 2013

Let's go on a drive...

Windsor pub is this legendary drinking hole in Bangalore. The highlights here will need to be the beer, the music which is mostly blues, jazz or classic rock and the food - my favorites are the vedi erachi and the crab meatballs. It’s one of the places that become the fall back plan if all the new places in town seem too noisy, pricey, pretentious or too tish.

They have a dust bin right outside their shutter where one can dispose of trash. So while we step outside for a smoke, I ensure that garbage goes into the bin and not outside it. So I’d been there a while back with a friend (strangely this seems to be the only place we meet when we do so every once or twice a year). There was another random dude smoking a cigarette outside, sitting right near the bin - actually a step lower. Once he was done smoking, he threw the stub down. He then proceeded to eat mint, treating the wrapper in the same fashion as the stub. 

My blood boiled! I typically threaten friends and acquaintances with violence if I catch them littering. This man was no friend nor was he an acquaintance. So I took a few deep breaths to calm down, counted to 5 and addressed him politely. 

Thus ensued our conversation. 

Me: Hi, it will be great if you didn't litter. There's a dustbin right behind you. 
Random Dude: Oh, I didn't see it. 
(I then proceeded to pick up his trash. I've realized this makes litterers squirm more)
Random Dude: No, no, no. I'll do it. I usually don't litter, but I didn't see the dustbin.  

Matter dealt with and litter in the bin, the friend and I  continued our conversation only to be interrupted by random dude once again. 

Random Dude:Do you want to go on a drive?
Me: Eh? 
Random Dude: Like a drive, a clean-up drive. You, me and a few friends, we can drive around cleaning up areas.  
Me: ???

It honestly didn't sound like he wanted to clean up anything. Drive it seems. Like really? Bloody idiot!

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny lol.

    Maybe he was a serial killer? Good thing you didn't go on a drive with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely a wise move not going on that drive!

    Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both :)

    @J, please please please write more often. I literally look at your blog every other day in the hope there's a new post.

    ReplyDelete